Tuesday 31 January 2017

Sunday 28th Jaunary - Alders farm

Decided to go to Alders Farm today.
I really do like this venue but have never had much luck there.
Especially on pines where the open was go be held today.
In the winter league last year I went on peg 1 twice and peg 28 once. There both right in corner and very feast of famine and just seem to be famine when I draw there!
Couldnt believe it when I drew peg 1 today!
Set up 2 lines.
Maggot and mircors at 14.5m
Maggot and micros to my left in 3ft of water.
Caught 2 early skimmers then had to sit and wait for bites. Its difficult becuase the fish have to be there as you haven't really got anywhere to draw fish from on there.
I ended ended up with 4 carp and 2 skimmers for 19-0-0 which was no good. 6th overall.
Lost a decent carp to after taking my time with it which has probably cost me 5th or 4th but thats fishing.
Im hoping to get to alders farm more this year as It is a long way away but its a brilliant venue!

No comments:

Post a Comment