Wednesday 22 March 2017

Saturday 18th March - Manor farm

With mild weather again and a decent turn out the open was spread across Boundary and Windmill pools, I drew peg 26 on Windmill not a brilliant area, I would rather be on one of the pegs either side of me. And with 10 on Windmill it was going to be quite hard.
I decided to just focus on a 13m pellet line, I would normally fish 14.5m but the wind was going to be a pain.
Then I plumbed up against a bush on the island where it was surprisingly deep, around 5ft which I thought maybe to deep!

I didn't have an edge on this peg really as you can't see past the brambles or to your left.

I caught steady on my 13m pellet line but soon chased them out to 14.5m, I caught the odd fish shallow but was just very odd fish. The deck was much better.

I caught quite a few small F1s with a couple of carp to weigh 56-0-0 which won the lake and put me second overall in the match!

Well done to Frank Donachie who blitzed the match with 130lb! There's no way I'd of caught that!


No comments:

Post a Comment